Nature Photographer is a âhowâtoâ magazine,
publishedÂ in print formÂ three times a year covering all four seasonsâSpring, Summer, Fall and Winter. The Spring issue is published each March, the Summer each July and the Fall/Winter a larger combo issue each November. The magazine is intended for nature photographers and nature enthusiasts who range from beginners to professionals. We will help you channel your intense interest in nature photography into more successful trips into the natural world, whether they be for the day, weekend, holidays or vacations. This is the magazine for those of you interested in photographing the wildernessâin far-off destinations, in local parks or in your own backyard.
Nature photography is all about getting out there and being a part of our natural world. When in nature working on our photography, it is helpful to entirely immerse ourselves in what we are doing. To do that, we need to practice the techniques needed to consistently produce quality images and research the locations that will appeal to each of us the most. We at Nature Photographer hope to help you along that route with both the print magazine and this web site.Â We strive to showcase the Earth in the most beautiful light and to encourage everyone to be kind to the Earth and all life, including themselves.Â Our journeys will include:
- How to photographâfrom close-ups to wildlife to grand landscapes and seascapes.
- How to use specialized equipment.
- Detailed natural history information.
- Field techniques.
- New product information and equipment reviews.
If you are having problems finding us at your favorite bookstore, try a subscription for future issues (Go to Subscriptions) or go to the back issues order to order the current issue and any other past issues (Go to Back Issues)
Join our editors and other field contributors in our printed magazine and on our web site by becoming a Field Contributor to Nature Photographer magazine. See who is included at Field Contributors Listing . Check our Subscriptions Page for this and other exciting new types of subscriptions that are now available.
Magazine subscriptions sold through web sites other than this web site (365-255-7852) are not authorized by Nature Photographer. Please subscribe through our website to guarantee fulfillment of your subsctiption. This site is the only authorized web site for the sale of subscriptions.
Information regardingÂ Friends ofÂ Nature Photographer:Â InÂ December 2008 two unsolicited gifts spurred us to create Friends of Nature Photographer with 75% of each donation being used to provideÂ additional magazines to bookstores and the remaining 25% of each gift being sent to organizations that plant trees around the world.Â You may send your giftÂ toÂ Nature Photographer, PO Box 220, Lubec, ME 04652. Contributions are not tax deductible. If you choose to send a donation, your support will be greatly appreciated by us, by all new readers, and by Mother Earth.
Thank you very much,
|"I wanted to say that one of the most outstanding features of your magazine, aside from the stunning photography, is the personal element in many of the articles.Â I appreciate the freedom to express that you grant to your various writers.Â Your magazine reveals the heart and how nature moves people, as it should.Â It is truly a joy to read."
Eileen Gregory Selby